Monday, November 26, 2007

SCAM ALERT - Freight Forwarding is Reshippering by another name...

Okay I have a good site for you to look at if you are investigating an "online oppourtunity". The FBI's Cyber Sweep site is rather useful and quite easy to read.

http://www.fbi.gov/cyber/cysweep/cysweep1.htm

By way of warning there is a rash of Carrerbuilder/Monster/other jobsites being used to send out "Freight Forwarding" job offers. Don't be fooled into participating in the identity theft scam. It is very vicious and will cost you money, possibly LOTS OF MONEY in the end.
If you don't have a background in international business (I studied it as part of my Bachelor's Degree) you should know from the first contact that it is a phishing scam. If you do have international business connections just read the section about "Reshippers" and you will see it laid out quite plainly. These offers for jobs in international business are bogus and fraudulent and the big job resume sites should be more diligent in screening who and what is allowed to advertise on their sites, because it only decreases their value in the my mind. But that is another fish that needs frying some other time.

1 comment:

Aslay Sin said...

This has helped me a lot with learning what is right for me, I might go and start on with some freight shipping quote and it would be great for me to finally meet some great stuff about Freight Forwarding and how it is reshipping, Thanks again for the share