Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Debt Bites the Dust!!!

As if to the beat of the iconic Queen tune, I am pleased to report that "Another One Bites The Dust!" This time I chose to use dynamite on the logjam that was my car loan because the speed at which we were shedding the balance wasn't fast enough for my goals. So I placed an ad on Craigslist and sold it. (I really like Craigslist!)

I got just under $1600 over what the bank was owed for it and turned around and purchased a 2001 Taurus SEL project car for $1600. It is going to require lots of elbow grease, to be at the level of quality I desire in a personal vehicle but there is plenty of time for that work to be done as it can be afforded. It isn't the best looking but it is 100% street legal and the heater works very well as does the engine.

So the total for the first six months is just over $18,500 in debt reduction! Not bad for a few hours less sleep and a willingness to take one step back in order to change the financial path that my family was walking. Not bad at all! In fact it has brought hope and vigor back into my marriage!
Now we are on to the first of the Student Loan payments. I anticipate having it paid off before the middle of the year, provided we can keep up with this pace.

No comments: